Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Austin Carbon Monoxide Home Inspections and Maintenance Repairs

Austin Carbon Monoxide Inspection for CO Removal

Has Your Home Been Inspected This Year?

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a silent killer within homes equipped with fuel-burning appliances. For the most part, appliances such as gas heaters, gas ranges, ovens and chimneys, etc., are safe. However, they must be properly maintained and kept in good working order. To ensure safe operation of these devices, it is necessary to have regular maintenance and inspections completed to greatly reduce the risk of deadly CO poisoning.

Improper maintenance or lack of maintenance can lead to deadly CO poisoning. Though it may appear that if your home had a carbon monoxide leak, your body may be able to realize and wake up when smelling CO and be able to evacuate their home in time. While this would appear to be true, it is not. The fact is, carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas that is slightly lighter than air. CO travels easily through a home. If over exposure occurs through the night, it can prove to be fatal for unsuspecting, sleeping families.

If your home is equipped with fuel-burning appliances, it is important to have your home professionally inspected at least once each year. Stoves, ovens, heaters and even chimneys, are prime suspects of CO poisoning. Proper inspections will ensure that appliances remain working according to the manufacturer’s specifications.

When Drain & Air Rescue performs your Carbon Monoxide inspection, we check and ensure that all connections are tight and leak-free. We also check to be sure that all pilots are operating properly, and that your chimney is checked for loose material and excessive carbon buildup that cake on your chimney’s walls.

Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The initial symptoms of low carbon monoxide poisoning are suspected if there is a headache, accompanied by, shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue and nausea. Symptoms of high CO poisoning include mental confusion, loss of muscle coordination, vomiting, loss of consciousness and can ultimately be fatal. Don’t allow the opportunity of risk exposure to this poisonous gas by ensuring your home is protected, inspected and maintained.

Time for your home’s carbon monoxide inspection? Call Drain & Air Rescue, your Austin CO specialists, today at (512) 328-2000.

 

©1996-2012 Drain & Air Rescue. All Rights Reserved. Powered by World & Web Marketing

Ask Will

Ask a Pro

Tough Questions? We have answers!
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.